Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sweet Mustard Carrot & Zucchini Salad

My soon-to-be famous new recipe!

2 medium zucchinis (about a liner foot of zucchini)
3 7"long carrots (is that medium? Small? I have no idea.)
1 sweet red pepper
1/4 cup diced dates
1/4 cup diced sundried tomatoes

sauce:

1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 T Braggs
3T raw agave nectar
1 heaped T raw mustard
1T minced garlic
2 tsp cumin
1T lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

whisk the sauce until all the mustard is dissolved.

shred the zucchini and carrots- I used my food processor so it took about a minute.

toss with the diced dates, sundried tomatoes and pepper until well tossed indeed.

add the sauce and mix again until there is an even coating of the sauce throughout.

Now is a good time to taste it and make sure it is truly delicious. ( I think it is...)

...

spread on a dehydrator sheet and warm for 1.5-2 hours.

Lots of people don't like dates/ sundried tomatoes etc. You could easily substiute raisins diced dried apricots, dried cranberries etc. instead.

If my mint is still fresh in the fridge I will probably shred some and add it as garnish. I also might use the parsley I have.

pre-warmed mixture going into the dehydrator to warm. Colourful!





No comments:

Post a Comment