Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 2.2: So. Much. Food.

Today was totally easy, right up until I got that terrible headache. But I digress.

Once again, I wasn't hungry when I woke up; it usually takes me a few hours to get my digestive system on line so I wasn't too fussed but it seems to me that if I drastically (accidentally) under ate yesterday, then I should have been hungrier sooner. What do you think? I'm not sure.

Breakfast, when I felt like having it (around 10:30) was a pint of deliciousness in the form of a smoothie made from a banana, strawberries, an orange and fresh ginger. Oh, and a pear. So good.

I really wanted some protein almost right away so around noon I had my morning snack which was an ounce of almonds which completely did the trick. It did so much of the trick that I wasn't super hungry again for a while, although I forced myself to eat lunch which was a salad, and a banana, and some coconut water.

It's very strange eating when I'm not super hungry, just to maintain bare calories.

By the time I finished my later afternoon snacks (carrots, broccoli and the rest of that cauliflower dip) I had only reached 1200 calories, and I had a terrible headache.

It started around 4:30ish, a slight tightening around my temples and my neck got very stiff. I was pretty concerned it was going to be a migraine...it was headed that way. The last few hours at work were Not Fun.

I managed to grit my teeth, not kill anyone on the way home and I had a painkiller and some kale chips (delicious!) and a mediocre raw cookie (which was definitely not worth the 12 grams of fat). Headache dissolved.

and DINNER, which was very exciting! Johnny made us a couple of awesome green smoothies; spinach, parsley, ginger, banana, orange and strawberry. and THEN- zucchini noodle pasta with cashew alfredo sauce topped with sundried tomatoes. Amazing.

I ate more, calorie-wise, than I usually would but apparently it's the thing that one is supposed to do on this diet, so we'll see how it goes. It's really counter-intuitive to be eating when I'm not hungry, and to eat more than I would normally want to when I am hungry (volume-wise, that is). We'll see what the numbers shake down to in a few weeks. I also felt quite full and bloated most of the afternoon, which was less than fun but surely due to the sheer increase in food volume.

Here's what I ate today! I managed 73% carb, 9% protein and 18% fat. I blame the cookie.
Food Diary!


No comments:

Post a Comment