Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day 18: Nacho Nacho, Man.

After a brisk 4.5 hours of sleep (and 2+ hours snoozing on my boyfriend's lap while pretending to watch a movie) we were up and at 'em today.

First order of the day: put the tex-mex flavoured flax chips into dehydrate for a fancy nacho dinner tonight!

Tex Mex flax chips:

1.5 cups flax meal
1 cup almond milk
1cup water
2 T nutritional yeast
2+T of texmex seasoning (chili, cumin, cayenne, onion powder etc. We like it spicy so I used quite a lot.)

Mix the dry ingredients, add the wet, stir really well, let sit for 10 minutes and pour into teflex dehydrator sheet and dehydrate for 12 hours at 115.

After all this I was HUNGRY, and for breakfast had a swampy smoothie of murky delight. If you make this, you'll see what I mean!

1 c. carrot juice
2 c. spinach
1 c. blueberries
1 c. strawberries.

engage swamp thing powers!! This one gave me a great body rush too. MMmmm. nutrition. I also had a banana to be on the safe side.

A brisk 8.5km bike ride really whetted my appetite, and I spent several hours in the company of good friends constantly snacking on fresh blueberries, strawberries and blackberries, carrots and zucchini hummus, dried figs and some few raw almonds. AND melon. They were nice melons. This was lunch.

another brisk bike ride home, accompanied by another trip to the greengrocer (I filled my knapsack for $12.45!) had me finishing my ride carrying 25lbs of produce. She Hulk!

Of course after all this I was ravenous again as soon as I got home I made a snack of some more canteloupe, some apple pie slices and the last half of the last doughnut hole *sob*. Come back doughnut holes, I love yooouuu....

and then, I made guacamole. And salsa. And cashew cheese. And then we feasted like kings! Full recipe with photos is here. There must be something wrong with me...but I kinda want another smoothie. Mmm, spinach.

Here's what I ate today: I Ate Manhattan! good thing we're about to go on a 9km hike.
I weighed in this morning still at 167.4 lbs.

Because of all the delicious nachos my stats were WAY off today: 67/24/9. I regret nothing.




2 comments:

  1. Hi! Lovely blog. : ) Might I recommend this nacho cheese recipe ? I make a variation of it; it's one of my favorites, and very simple!

    http://www.lexieskitchen.com/lexies_kitchen/2011/4/7/raw-nacho-cheese-sauce-vegan-dairy-free.html

    "Ingredients:

    1 cup raw CASHEW NUTS
    1/4-1/2 cup chopped RED BELL PEPPER
    2 tablespoons cold-pressed OLIVE OIL
    2 tablespoons WATER
    1-1/2 tablespoons LEMON JUICE
    1/2 teaspoon SEA SALT (then adjust to taste)
    1 teaspoon ONION POWDER
    1/4 teaspoon TURMERIC

    Directions:

    Soak cashews in water 2-4 hours, rinse and drain.

    Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend on high until super smooth, scraping sides as needed. You may add additional water, one tablespoonful at a time, to adjust consistency to your liking."

    It is so simple and delicious! I prefer using real onion rather than the powder. It's also REALLY great on kale chips, like, beyond amazing. When I make kale chips with this as a 'marinade', I like to add finely chopped tomatoes and onions post blended to the mixture. It tastes so delicious after dehydration! I've marinated kale in the same way before. Really great!

    Good luck on your journey, I will be checking your blog here and there, as it's a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! That sounds *amazing*. I was going to make more kale chis this evening...I'll have to try it! Love me some kale chips. Thanks for the positive feed back, I'm having a lot of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete