Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Amazing Grass review: day 05

I'm out of the Amazing Meal smoothie supplements and I've been up and out of the house sans smoothie the last few days- BUT Never Fear. I've had Green Superfood Energy Bars to keep me kicking!
that's some super food, there.
I've previously tried the Chocolate flavour in the line; it's sold at the convenience store by my work which is shocking and awesome and they're a great grab-and-go hefty snack that keeps me going for a while at work.

They all seem to have a very similar base of Amazing Grass grasses blended with a great mix of nuts and dates and magic pixie dust. Or something. Here's the *actual* ingredients if you're going to be fussy.

stop looking at me like that.















Now, because of the high nut content, I find that 8-9 grams of fat is a little high if you're going for a low/curtailed fats diet, at least all in one go. But, again, it's the fats in the nuts and seeds that allow for this bar to stick-to-your-ribs for quite a while and keep you going; so, not a snack for sittin' around the house, more of a snack while hiking around or on your feet at work sorta-thing. I also get a bit of a kick on how long the ingredients list looks because of all the times to work organic is used. Makes my toes curl a bit in glee to the honest. I love that it's Real Food in convenient bar form.

Today, however, I had the Berry energy bar! So good! No chocolate coating (so 8 rather than 9 grams of fat) and you could really taste actual berries in the bar, along side the base of chewy dates and large chunks of nuts and seeds. Here's the stats for this bad berry boy. NOTE- cranberries is the *second ingredient*. In something berry flavoured. Crazy, right? Like I said, real food. Neat.



At work, we're divided into two equal camps- generally speaking, if you like dates, you'll like these bars. If you don't, based on the survey of the 4 of us at work, you won't enjoy the texture or taste of these bars either.

I think you're crazymad if you don't like dates, but then again I think olives taste like pure poison, so who am I to say, right?






No comments:

Post a Comment